Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Brigham City

I grew up in a small town in northern Utah called Brigham City (there aren't many towns with that Mormon of a name). It's a good place to call home and I have many fond memories.

However, there isn't much for me in Brigham City these days. Because it's a small town, there isn't much to do and because all my friends have moved on, BC is a pretty dull place nowadays. And unfortunately, I have to spend the entire month of May here. I have a break between school and when I head up to Alaska (and then Boston) so I've been here in BC. It's driving me bonkers.

So if you are ever bored, PLEASE email/call/flag semaphore/smoke signal/morse code/text me and you will make my day. I PROMISE I will promptly respond to any message you send.

Really one of the only things BC has going for it is that a Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is being built here!



I went and sat across the street from it the other day for about 40 minutes to watch the construction workers build and just thought about the wonderful blessings associated with the Temple. I'm very grateful to have one being built in my home town.

I also called and reserved the Temple for the first sealing after it opens, so I can be the first person married in it.

Now I just need to find someone to marry....

7 comments:

  1. Wow...how long until it is open?? You best get busy and find the right girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's scheduled to open in December but I'm not sure. I know it!! Who do you know Gina?? (At least I'm assuming it's Gina who typed the comment...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee Thanks Tim...I can find plenty of things to do here...although they usually involve my children and the things that they would like to do! Either way...you get what you make of it! So there!
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be smoke signaling you soon...and then we can rendezvous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, you're absolutely right Angie! I imagine you have quite a bit to do with all those rug rats running around. Maybe I just need to have some kids!

    Arianne, I shall look to the southern sky at dusk. As sure as the eagle flies, we shall rendezvous before mother earth rests for a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim Timinee Tim Timtahree you are SOOOOOO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it Tim. You also need to choose a date, right?

    ReplyDelete