Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New York City

One great thing about living in Boston for the summer is that New York City is only about four hours away by bus and 45 minutes away by plane.

I've had the chance to visit NYC twice since I've been here in Boston.

The first time, I rode the Boltbus down from Boston ($35 roundtrip) to visit a friend of mine, Emily Howe. She has been living in NYC for the summer and was kind enough to show me around the city and see the broadway show Memphis with me. Memphis is fantastic and I loved seeing it. We met a cast member in the subway on the way home and got to chat with him about the show. He said he recognized us from the audience. Emily wrote about it on her blog. Check it out.

Unfortunately, I didn't really take any pictures of my first trip and was only there a day or two.

Fortunately, I did go again when my friend Seth Robledo came out to visit me in Boston! We got a great deal on JetBlue and we were able to fly to NYC for $60 roundtrip. So here are some pictures from out trip!

Famous Katz's Deli

Best (and most expensive) pastrami sandwich of my life 
Seth - telling me why Jewish delis are better than the rest

Southern Skyline - from the Staten Island Ferry

Some street close to Times Square

The view of Ground Zero from out 43rd floor hotel room. The tall, unfinished building is the new world trade center. It will be 1776 feet tall and be the tallest building in North America. 

Our rush tickets to "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying"!! The show (and Daniel Radcliffe) were fantastic!

Cool Panoramic from the Brooklyn Bridge

Thug Life at Coney Island

Famous Nathan's Hotdogs at Coney Island

Everything was closed at Coney Island

Seth is bitter about rainy Brooklyn.

The Manhattan Temple!
We tried to get tickets for the Book of Mormon musical (I want to see it, and yes, I am a Mormon) but were unsuccessful.

NYC is fantastic.

I definitely wouldn't mind living here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow im impressed.with how.much you fit in such a short trip!! So just wanted to throw out there that I just moved to NYC and as soon as the hubs and I move into our apartment.... You, and anyone else, will always be welcome to crash on our floor! We love crashing so its finally time to pay back the goodness to anyone who wants to!! Enjoy your summer in Boston!

    ReplyDelete