Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dating, Love, and Marriage



So dating, love, and marriage have been on my mind a lot lately. There are probably a lot of different reasons for this, but I'm going to talk about three.

1. My brother got married 10 days ago!



My brother, Nate Eaton, got married on April 23rd in the Salt Lake City, UT Temple! Elder Bednar from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles performed the sealing and it was an amazing experience. I've been fortunate enough to attend two sealing in the past 5 months performed by Apostles (Elder Bednar and Elder Nelson) and both have been astounding.




My entire family was able to come to Utah for the wedding. This was the first time we have all been together since I got home from my mission (June 2009).





I'm so happy for Nate and Erica! They are a wonderful couple and I wish them the very best! However; there is one aspect of this wedding business that I'm not so happy about.

Now that Nate is married, I am the only child left in the family that isn't married.

Uh oh.

The pressure's on.

2. Little old ladies can't believe I'm not married

I visited the Brigham City single's ward this past Sunday for testimony meeting. It was fun to see a few familiar faces but in general, I didn't know too many people there. Because of this I chose to sit in the back near a kind, elderly woman who is the wife of one of the members of the Bishopric.

After the meeting, she was chatting with me about my summer plans, my mission, my schooling, etc. Then she said with an incredulous look, "And you aren't engaged or married?!"

I laughed and said that I wasn't.

She followed up with the question, "And you've been home from your mission how long?"

I responded that I've been home for nearly two years.

She seemed flabbergasted and said, "Don't worry dear, you'll meet the right one eventually."

Now I'm sure that many people have had this exact same conversation but it still is a little bit disconcerting when it comes from a random woman you've just met.

3. I dreamt last night that I was engaged to Rapunzel from the movie, Tangled.

Yes, you read that correctly.

I dreamt that I was engaged to an animated princess from a Disney movie. She was a cartoon and I was not, but we loved each other and would make it work.

We were chasing each other through the forrest when I cut my arm on a tree branch.

Fortunately, her hair is magical and healed my arm.

It was fantastic.

So if anyone out there knows a princess with 30 feet of magic blonde hair that heals things when you sing, feel free to give her my number.

5 comments:

  1. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a lady meeting this description in RIchmond... I've got your back Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim. I met this girl with long magical hair, but she was socially incapable... I don't think she has a phone, so me giving her your number might be pointless, but let me know what you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your nieces will be so thrilled to meet their new aunt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my small world! Your brother Nate was in my ward at BYU-I before my mission! Didn't make that connection until today. Crazy! Also: Your dream completely warms my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister just got married recently too, at age 19. That means that all five of my sisters are also married, leaving me alone. Just me. All the well-meaning comments in the world don't produce beautiful blonde Disney princesses with length and magical hair. If I meet her down here in Texas, I'll let you know Tim. :)

    ReplyDelete